[APG Public List] Questions on Social Security Benefits Application

Donna McR donna316 at tx.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 14:21:14 MST 2011

Hello:

I have posed this question to the Social Security Administration with no response as of yet, so I thought I'd ask my question here.

In 1968, a man, previously widowed, died leaving three small children.    Would the application for Social Security death benefits for the children include the marriage date for the parents of the children?  Is this application obtainable through the Freedom of Information Act?   At least two of the children (now adults) are still living.  Would one of them need to order the record instead of me?

I appreciate the benefit of you experience!

Warmest Regards,

Donna