[APG Public List] APG List Purpose & Guidelines
APG List Administrator
listadmin at apgen.org
Sat Jan 1 05:05:04 MST 2011
This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your APG mailing list membership. The purpose of this APG-sponsored mailing list is to discuss topics of interest to genealogical professionals, individuals considering the profession of genealogy, family historians, and others seeking professional networking and advice.
Postings on the APG Public List are read by list subscribers and may be viewed by anyone accessing the public archives. Postings on the APG Members List are read by members subscribing to that list and are available only to other APG members in the online list archives which is password-protected in the Members Only area at www.apgen.org.
Please be courteous and professional in your correspondence and keep private and potentially damaging discussions off the list.
By subscribing to the list, you have agreed to the APG Mailing List Code of Conduct http://www.apgen.org/publications/publiclist/index.html. As a reminder, subscribers to the APG mailing lists agree to follow the guidelines listed below:
1. Since APG now sponsors more than one mailing list, please read, understand, and abide by the list charter, available at the APG website, so as to post your topics on the appropriate list:
* APG Public List at http://apgen.org/publications/publiclist/index.html
* APG Members List at http://apgen.org/members/memberslist/index.html
2. All participants on the APG mailing lists should maintain a courteous and civil discourse. Posting comments to deliberately provoke an angry response is unacceptable. Posts should not be hostile or insulting. If you feel someone on an APG mailing list is behaving inappropriately, please contact the APG office at admin at apgen.org.
3. Ensure that the subject line of your posts (or your replies to another's posts) is current and accurate.
4. Wherever possible, trim unnecessary content when replying to a list message. When responding to specifics in another's message, please place your reply "in-line" within the previously-posted content rather than "top-posting". When replying in-line, try to make it clear which statements belong to you versus the original poster. Prefacing the original poster's statements with their name or initials is one way to do this.
5. If you are not the author of all content in your posting, make sure you have legal permission to redistribute the material of others. If you do not have this permission, then refer to the material by hyperlink.
6. The APG mailing lists are archived for posterity. You agree to allow APG to redistribute to the mailing lists any of the material which you authored and submitted. You also agree that APG may store this content in archives.
7. Subscribers should not post to APG mailing lists anonymously or pseudonymously.
8. All APG mailing list participants must adhere to the APG Code of Ethics at http://apgen.org/ethics/index.html. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in temporary loss of posting privileges. Repeated failure to follow these guidelines will result in the loss of all mailing list privileges.
More information about the APGPublicList