[APG Public List] Labelling photos

Amy Crow amy at amyjohnsoncrow.com
Mon Feb 28 07:16:25 MST 2011

Adding metadata via text on the image canvas might make it easier for the viewer, but it does absolutely nothing for anyone who is trying to manage the image. With metadata embedded in the file (not the visual image), you can search, sort, filter, etc, based upon that metadata. It is absolutely invaluable when you are dealing with a collection of images.

I'm not saying that adding whitespace to the image and adding text is bad. I am saying that there is a definite limitation to doing only that.

Amy Johnson Crow, CG,
Reynoldsburg, Ohio