[APG Public List] Labelling photos

Meredith Hoffman / GenerationsWeb mhoffman at generationsweb.com
Sun Feb 27 19:56:42 MST 2011

Hello Ray,

I'm a Noodlers Ink user, and a heavy-duty fountain pen user, and I think this is a brilliant idea!

My immediate thought is to remind you that many of the photos we're labeling are not in fact "modern" but the ones that we find in our auntie's attic dating from 1930 or 1910 or 1890....

I'm not sure if that means that there needs to be two separate ink preparations -- one for "modern" papers and one for "antique" ones... -- but I would be most interested in an ink that would work for both -- or, equally, two inks, if it's not possible to make one that suits all circumstances.

The problem with two inks, though, is that then there's the issue of how one determines which ink to use when. So it'd be good if one ink could be developed to serve all situations.

--Meredith

Meredith Hoffman, M.A. Linguistics
Professional Genealogy Researcher
GenerationsWeb / Plymouth, MA