[APG Public List] Labelling photos *** Archival Pens ***

treviawbeverly treviawbeverly at comcast.net
Sun Feb 27 08:18:05 MST 2011

A while back in the Ancestry Weekly Digest, I saw a message about an archival type pen.

"Recently I was able to locate a camera shop in San Bernardino, California, that carries what I believe to be the pen that was mentioned in Ancestry Quick Tips. The name of the pen is Pioneer Archival Gel Ink. I purchased the pen at Davis Camera Shop, 376 North "D" Street, San Bernardino, Calif. Phone (909) 885-0778. "

Fiskars brand markers are used for pictures, available at WalMart in the scrapbooking section. They not only work great on pictures and pages, but they don't blob up on CD's like most markers do. A set of 4 or 5 different colors were under $10, so they were reasonable

If you check your local office supply stores, you'll find a number of different brands of gel pens that are acid-free and good for archival use. If you're searching online, you'll find them in most large office supply stores, like Office Depot, OfficeMax, and Staples. Search their websites for "acid-free gel pen."

Trevia Wooster Beverly
Houston, Texas