[APG Public List] Death of a US Citizen abroad

Beth Davies Beth at daviesgenealogy.com
Thu Feb 24 13:16:38 MST 2011

Thank you so much, Chad, for pointing out this was available on Ancestry
as I had no idea it was there.  I had hoped to eventually search these
records at the National Archives for the siblings of my
great-great-grandmother who were supposed to have gone to Guatemala.
When I typed in the surname Prescott, the 2nd name that was listed was
her brother, Frederick H. Prescott.  The other brother who may have gone
there and the brother-in-law and niece that I know from Kansas City
newspaper articles died there were not listed (perhaps because the
latter two were just visiting when they died), but now I know not waste
time looking for them.  I checked all Guatemala deaths from 1895-1845 to
make sure I didn't miss anything due to misindexing.

Beth Davies