[APG Public List] NIGR

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Thu Feb 24 11:17:39 MST 2011

Someone was inquiring about the National Institute on Genealogical Research
(NIGR) brochures. I got mine in the mail today. For those who don't know how
this institute works, you request a brochure and when it comes you register
by snail mail along with a 250-word biography and a check. There is limited
space at the National Archives for this one class so spots go quickly and
are recorded by post mark.

I took NIGR in 2002 and see that I would not be disappointed if I took it
again. More lectures are devoted to online sources than almost 10 years ago.
The lecture topics and hands-on experience in federal records is unmatched
in this Institute. For more information:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~natgenin.

Best wishes,

Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG