[APG Public List] Citation Question

Michele Kemper misha412 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 17:14:09 MST 2011

Hi everyone.

I think this question has been answered several times, but my searches
in the archives have proven fruitless.

I am writing a proof argument. I have a single statement in my argument
that references multiple sources. Here is the sentence:

    "The family appeared to live on John's family farm from near the
    time of their marriage on 1 September 1898 to when the family broke
    apart in 1916 or 1917."

This spans a 18 to 19 year period. The records that support this one
sentence include federal and state census records as well as school
records. These citations are not simple book or article examples. In EE,
Section 2.20, Elizabeth addresses the problem as "it is best to cite
each source in a separate sentence within the reference note."

Can anyone provide an example of how to handle this? It would help me
craft my citation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michele Kemper
www.shakeyourfamilytree.com