[APG Public List] Tennessee Marriages

Carolyne Gould carolyne_cwy at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 27 18:37:14 MDT 2010

Thank you, Debra, for all your effort in trying to help me. I'm
afraid the answer, even with further research, will stay "maybe, but
probably not." <grin> I would have liked to have heard that it "must"
have taken place in the bride's county of residence just so I could
get an idea of where to focus research on the bride's family. I have
only a photographic image of the marriage register to work from and
later census records. The bride is consistently born in Tennessee.
The 1900 and 1910 census says her father was born in North Carolina
and her mother in Virginia. Haven't been able to obtain a death
certificate yet (Oklahoma). An actual marriage certificate could have
answers or clues, but can be so rare to find in the time period of
1851.

Thank you again for your hard work,
Carolyne

Snip ...