[APG Public List] IL Marriage Question [marriage register]

Jacqueline Wilson wilssearch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 19:31:43 MDT 2010

Kate, one of the things about today's values is that things like this are much more 'acceptable' now than 50 years ago.  I have always been told lack of a wedding ring was the reason I was put up for adoption 61 years ago.  Of course, Grandmother (the adoptive Father's mother) always lied about her age, so I am still trying to figure out if she was actually 15 or 18 or some age in-between when in 1917.  I don't think it will ever be resolved.  The only fact that I can be sure of concerning their relationship is that she detested the man and refused to discuss him.  If I use the DOB from SSA, I think it makes her year of birth 1901, but if I use the DOB from the marriage register it makes her year of birth 1898, something she would have protested vehemently.  Vanity thy name was grandma!  Somebody lied somewhere!  LOL