[APG Public List] IL Marriage Question [marriage register]

Kate Foote kate at comm1net.net
Sat Sep 25 18:25:16 MDT 2010

Jacqueline,

Your post brought back memories of my mother's reaction when informed that her siblings were planning a 50th Wedding Celebration for their parents. My mother was the eldest child (of thirteen) and she was so upset at this news that she literally "..took to her bed." Obviously the reason for her distress was that now "everyone" (especially her husband and children) would be doing the math - Mom's 50th birthday was two months before Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary! My, oh so proper mother, finally recovered, took the ball in her court and arranged a marvelous Golden Anniversary/Family Reunion - where she met and greeted all with her head held high! ;-)

Kate