[APG Public List] IL Marriage Question [marriage register]

Jacqueline Wilson wilssearch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 16:33:16 MDT 2010

Ida, that is great advice.  When I was in Des Moines, I was able to search the microfilm of the marriage records for my grandparents marriage.  It was interesting as it listed parental information for the bride and groom, although the place of birth was only the country (Scotland for the groom) and the state for the bride.  This family is very matriarchal, so I knew the bride's information but not the groom's.  I did have a hard time finding it because my Dad was born Feb 1917, so I hunted all through 1916 for the record - I finally found it - Jan 1917, about 1 month before Dad was born!  Shotgun wedding anyone?