[APG Public List] SS-5 request

Jane Pearson doumajk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:13:17 MDT 2010

Last spring I requested 3 SS-5 records online at one time.  One came
within about 3 weeks - but was the wrong application. One came shortly
after.  I still have not received the third.  Meanwhile, I sent
another online request for one (I decided to only request one at a
time, maybe three overloaded the system!) and it arrived in a week!
I called about the wrong app/missing app and was told I would get a
return call which never came.  I wrote to the FOIA office with all
particulars and so far have not received a reply.  Must follow up
again.

Seems to me it matters greatly who gets the request to process.  I
also sent for 2 death certificates from NYC. After about 6 weeks, one
came back with my check and SASE and highlighter on the lines for
parents' names.  Well, shoot, I was hoping to LEARN the parents names
from the certificate!!  The other just arrived (about 2 months).  I
did not know parents names to fill in on that one either.  I think I
will simply resend the first, try again for someone more helpful to
handle my request.

Jane