[APG Public List] BCG News

Debbie Parker Wayne debbie at debbiewayne.com
Tue Sep 21 07:10:12 MDT 2010

 > The Board for Certification of Genealogists is pleased to award CG
 > designation to the following individual:
 >
 > Debbie Parker Wayne, CG(SM), of Cushing, Texas

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes. I am thrilled to have
achieved this goal. I think I have responded individually to everyone
who wrote so I wouldn't clog the list with a lot of thank yous. But I
wanted to post one thank you on the list in case I missed anyone.

I've heard many say that just completing the portfolio is a learning
experience well worth the effort. I can confirm that as truth. Even
though I was worried about some parts of my portfolio, I knew it was the
best work I could do at this time. If my work did not meet the standards
of BCG, I wanted to hear it from someone who was qualified to tell me
what was good and what was not so good. I am much happier that the
judges felt my work, while not perfect, met the standards for
certification. But, the comments from the judges telling me what areas I
need to improve on would be worth the price whether certification
credentials were awarded or not.

Good luck to all of you who are still working on your CG or AG portfolio
and all who are waiting for a decision after submitting your portfolios.
I hope you get good suggestions on improving your work in the future no
matter the outcome.

--

Regards, Debbie

Debbie Parker Wayne, CG(SM)

Wayne Research -- http://debbiewayne.com/
Blog -- Deb's Delvings http://debsdelvings.blogspot.com/
DNA Project Admin -- Texas State GS
Director -- First Families of Texas

CG, Certified Genealogist is a service mark of the
Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under
license by board certificants after periodic evaluation,
and the board name is registered in the US Patent&  Trademark Office.