[APG Public List] Is this college approved for certification

Meredith Hoffman / GenerationsWeb mhoffman at generationsweb.com
Thu Sep 16 09:51:51 MDT 2010

The BU course -- as someone else mentioned -- is a single course that
issues a certificate of completion. There is no academic credit
associated with the course.

And BCG does not "accept" courses from any venue in terms of any
direct application to certification -- but the BU course is one of
several that are on their list of suggestions for furthering one's
genealogical education.

I suggest, Debbe H, if you're interested in looking more closely at a
variety of educational opportunities, you might want to check out the
BCG page on "Educational Preparation": http://www.bcgcertification.org/certification/educ.html

That said, I agree with Debbie Hooper's endorsement of the quality and
value of the BU course. I took the on-the-ground version of the course
last fall, and I completely second all that Debbie said with regard to
the quality of the instructors and the course work, the intensity of
the course (a full 8-hour-day in class for 14 weeks, and most of us
spent around 15-25 additional hours a week doing the interesting and
challenging homework assignments), and the immediate applicability of
what I learned to improving my own research and the work that I do for
my clients in so many ways -- including becoming more productive and
efficient, as well as expanding my knowledge of resources, sourcing,
research strategies, ....

--Meredith

Meredith Hoffman, M.A. Linguistics
GenerationsWeb / Plymouth, MA