[APG Public List] Immigrants to Hoboken

Stephen Danko stephen at stephendanko.com
Wed Sep 15 17:39:25 MDT 2010

Elisabeth,

Some additional research reveals that I need to correct what I said previously.

Sharon Todtenbier, co-owner of TheShipsList, reports that Hoboken was not a port
of entry.  First and perhaps second class passengers on ships to Hoboken were
processed in Hoboken, but steerage passengers were placed on ferries to Ellis
Island and processed there.  She also states that these passenger lists are
"filed with ships arriving at the port of New York."

http://tinyurl.com/2cx4a7r

A search for the ship "Venetia" in Steve Morse's website (Ellis Island Ship
Lists) shows that the Venetia arrived in New York five times in 1895:

http://tinyurl.com/24n2rme

If you click on the name of the ship in the list on Steve Morse's site, you can
scroll through all pages of the manifests for those five arrivals and look for
the names manually.

Best regards,
Steve Danko