[APG Public List] Immigrants to Hoboken

Stephen Danko stephen at stephendanko.com
Wed Sep 15 13:54:56 MDT 2010

Elisabeth,

I don't know much about Hoboken as a port of arrival, but I did find this:
"According to Bob Foster, director of the Hoboken Historical Museum, many of the
passenger ships brought immigrants to Hoboken without making it clear to their
passengers that they weren't coming to New York City."  This quote is from an
article you can find at:

http://tinyurl.com/34wbf9k

You might also try to contact the Hoboken Historical Museum.  The folks there
may be able to tell you more about Hoboken as a port of entry and whether any
passenger lists have survived.  Their email address is:

info at hobokenmuseum.org

and their website is:

http://www.hobokenmuseum.org/

Good luck!