[APG Public List] Is this college approved for certification

Debbie Hooper hooperdebbie at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:16:13 MDT 2010

Debbe,

I took the online course this past Winter/Spring (began in January).  It was absolutely fantastic!!

I don't know if the NGS, etc. actually approve courses or not, other than their own.  I DO know that I received a 10% discount for being a member of NGS.  I don't know if they still offer that or not.

The instructors were excellent--some of the best you will ever find.  The cost was well worth every penny I paid.  It was a very intense course, and after "doing" genealogy for over 20 years I still learned SO much.  I am currently working as a professional, and my work just keeps getting better with each project.  I have applied everything I learned into my research, writing, reports, etc.

I compared a lot of courses.  As far as I am concerned, you will not find a course like this anywhere.  IGHR and SLIG are only offered at a specific time of the year, AND you have to travel.  The BU course can be done from the comfort of your sofa.  :-)

Debbie Hooper
2nd OL Class BU