[APG Public List] Publisher for Footnotes

Jacqueline Wilson wilssearch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:01:29 MDT 2010

Ray:  I have to say - I like your wording "want a tool which will torment me while I'm working" - for me that includes Pages, Word, InDesign and Publisher!  I have not had access to Word Perfect in years.   It looks like it does not work on a Mac, so it looks like I will continue to be tormented while I work.

On Sep 13, 2010, at 5:44 PM, Ray Beere Johnson II wrote:

--- On Mon, 9/13/10, Holly Timm <htimm at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have always found Wordperfect superior to Word for handling both
> images and footnotes etc.

    As a former printer and typographer (handset type, letterpress), my standards for rendering final output on the computer are very clear. I want excellent control over the result, and I _don't_ want a tool which will torment me while I'm working. From that perspective, I'd only make one change to Holly's statement. --->>> I have always found WordPerfect _immensely_ superior to Word....
                            Ray Beere Johnson II

Jacqueline Wilson
Evanston, IL

Masters Student,  Dept. US Military History
American Military University

wilssearch at gmail.com

Professional Indexer, Historian, and Genealogist
IASPR Newsletter Editor

"Wilssearch - your service of choice for the indexing challenged genealogist."