[APG Public List] [TGF] Origin of a homemaker's habit

Morris Simon mosimon at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 16:16:08 MDT 2010

This thread is reminding me of my childhood in Louisiana, where we would
always put our sugar bowls in a shallow saucer of water to keep out the tiny
black "sugar ants". Each morning there would be fresh victims floating at
the base of the sugar bowl. And in our kitchen, we placed freshly washed
glasses upside down on a folded towel inside the cupboard so that they would
drip dry and remain bugless until we used them again. You learn to live with
a lot of bugs in Louisiana!

Morris