[APG Public List] [TGF] Origin of a homemaker's habit

Linda Johnson lindajohnsongenealogy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 16:05:57 MDT 2010

Regarding Elizabeth's comments on Marion Cabell Tyree, _Housekeeping in Old Virginia_ (Loisville, Ky.: John P. Morton and Co., 1879):

Small wonder so many of our female ancestors, even those who could read and write, didn't document their lives with the letters, journals and diaries we all wish they'd written. When would those who lacked Mrs. Tyree's staff--or were servants themselves--have found the time?

Thanks for sharing!

Linda Johnson
Texas