[APG Public List] We are all cousins

Pat Asher pjroots at att.net
Sun Sep 5 17:51:37 MDT 2010

I was delighted to see and want to congratulate Elizabeth Shown-Mills
on the video about "cousinship".

http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2010/09/we-are-all-cousins-a-video-by-elizabeth-shown-mills.html

Anyone who has done serious research back more than a couple of
generations knows that family legends are suspect, including Choctaw
(in my case Cherokee) princesses.  OTOH, mixed ethnicity is real and
our ancestors interacted on many levels.  I remember laughing out
loud when I discovered that my husband's third great grandfather had
witnessed a deed executed by my own 3rd or 4th great grandfather, a
few hundred miles and years before we met and married.

If we keep saying "we are all related" often enough, maybe the
message will eventually stick.

Pat Asher