No subject

Sun Oct 17 21:38:36 MDT 2010

consumers. Good to know what is available, but what I am proposing is that
the professional genealogists take the bull by the horns and tell, formally,
the vendors what they need to be offering. With no sales pitch interaction.
Just technological feasibility.

In my experience, vendors love to hear feedback, and then just offer what
they feel like anyway.

What I propose needs to be a body where professional genealogists are in the
drivers seat. Not the vendors. We all see how that is working out. ;-)

------=_Part_12_1179936048.1289334887897

In the IT world the specs are written by professionals with no conflict of =
interest, and then the programmers write to the specs, not to their interes=
alise Powell, CG&quot; &lt;Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com&gt;<br/>To: apgpublic=
list at apgen.org<br/>Sent: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:27<br/>Subject: Re: [APG Publi=
c List] Genealogy Program Specifications<br/><br/>I believe there is a fres=
h breeze ablowin&#039; and from my understanding what<br/>you propose is wh=
at is happening. However it takes a long time to turn the<br/>train and man=
y hands. RootsTech appears to be the meeting place of those who<br/>care to=
 turn the tide and sit in the driver&#039;s seat of that train. And yes,<br=
 course one can always lead the horse to water but can you make a<br/>progr=
ealogist are Service Marks of the Board for<br/>Certification of Genealogis=
ts, used under license by board certificants<br/>after periodic evaluations=
m what I see the vendors are dominant, pushing their products at<br/>consum=
ers. Good to know what is available, but what I am proposing is that<br/>th=
e professional genealogists take the bull by the horns and tell, formally,<=
br/>the vendors what they need to be offering. With no sales pitch interact=
 love to hear feedback, and then just offer what<br/>they feel like anyway.=
 are in the<br/>drivers seat. Not the vendors. We all see how that is worki=
------=_Part_12_1179936048.1289334887897--