[APG Public List] [APG Members] place names

Ray Beere Johnson II raybeere at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 09:14:51 MDT 2010

Linda;
     While I don't always agree with everything _anyone_ says - I even change my own mind, sometimes ;-) - and I am aware it annoys some people, I am generally pleased to see any discussion expand. I have found, both on this list and in general, that some of the most interesting and useful points tend to come up when the discussion _does_ go "off track". Sticking to one narrowly defined topic inherently limits the breadth and the thus the overall informativeness of any discussion. :-)
     In other words, there is just as much reason for anyone who insists on keeping everything "on track" to apologise for artificially limiting what the rest of us may gain from such a wide-ranging discussion as there is for your apology (none, in either case, in my opinion). We all have our ways of approaching a subject, and we need to be tolerant of each other and our individual methods. With or without that tolerance, I am sure each of us will continue trying to push the discussion in the direction _we_ believe is most useful. After all, what else can any of us do?
                         Ray Beere Johnson II