[APG Public List] [APG Members] place names

Everett B Ireland ebireland at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 27 23:13:40 MDT 2010

John:
I might suggest that Dr Melinda Kashuba has written an excellent book on
this subject: "Walking with your ancestors: a genealogists guide to
using maps and geography,"  Cincinatti, OH: Family Tree Books, 2005.
The US Dept of Interior Geographic Names Information System GNIS website
at geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/ is extremely useful and I use it
often to locate cemeteries and towns. It provides names as well as
coordinates.
Everett Ireland

--
Everett B. Ireland, CG
CG, Certified Genealogist, is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists used under