[APG Public List] [APG Members] place names

linda at fpr.com linda at fpr.com
Wed Oct 27 17:03:40 MDT 2010

I don't remember the exact wording of the original question that started
this thread, but it ran along the lines of asking the "best" way to
record or "give" a place name, the-name-at-the-time-of-the-event vs
current usage.   The GPS discussion does not address this original
question, as far as I can tell.

I do agree that GPS descriptors are useful, etc.   But unless someone is
suggesting that GPS replace textual geo-political place names, the
original question is not being addressed.

Linda
Linda Gardner
Massachusetts