[APG Public List] [APG Members] place names

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Wed Oct 27 09:58:42 MDT 2010

I don't understand any of the objections.  The coordinates are similar to
using a place name alone, except that when used in conjunction with a place
name they offer the added option of making it easier to get to the general
location.  They aren't going to explain boundary changes etc any more than
the place name did!

Yet even if covering an approximate/general area they can be plugged into
other programs, mapping options, and much more in ways that historical or
modern place names can't.  And as was pointed out they offer a way of
differentiating between similarly named locations

They're an "add-on" to everything you would normally do.  But a powerful
"add-on" if employed in a reasonable, intelligent manner.

I think they should be added whenever possible.

Larry