[APG Public List] [APG Members] place names

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Tue Oct 26 07:57:12 MDT 2010

I don't think any serious researcher would be so careless as to use
coordinates that were very specific when the location wasn't established by
more than just guesswork!

Like any other piece of information put forward, it would be expected that
the justification for linking various name changes over time to a particular
(general or specific) mapped location would be carefully presented and
cited.

And as Stephen has pointed out there is an "about" feature to the use of
coordinates as they can be adjusted to cover a wider area.

I think we strive for accuracy in everything we do.  This would require the
same level of caution that we bring to all our endeavours. Why would this be
any different?

Larry