[APG Public List] [APG Members] place names

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Tue Oct 26 07:18:26 MDT 2010

by suggesting it would be a topic for sourcecitations I may have given the
wrong impression.  I'm referring to footnoting the location.

But that said, I'd not have a problem with including it as a note appended
to a citation, given it would clarify location referenced by the citation.
But what I was thinking of is tagging named locations mentioned in research
with their real world coordinates (specific or general coordinates)

But I wonder too if how we cite things is going to change given digital
realities.  I've argued before that digital access has substantially altered
such things, and raised new options/potentials (as well as new problems)
that aren't being fully addressed (my opinion).  But that latter bit would
be better talked about on a list dedicated to such things.

Larry