[APG Public List] Entering place names

LaDonna Garner ladonna at leafseeker.com
Mon Oct 25 11:39:54 MDT 2010

Hi Dave,

Entering the place name depends on the use of the notation and likely
researcher preference. I for instance prefer to use the original place
name in my software and make a notation in my source notes of the
present local.

If I'm lecturing/writing I may note it like this example, "Wichitaka,
Will County, MO (presently Wichester, Will County, MO).

I've seen some write it as," Wichester, Will County, MO (historically
Wichitaka, Will County, MO).

Whatever you decide, just make sure the citation is clear to the reader. :)

Sincerely,
LaDonna

Historic Preservationist
Board-Certified Genealogist^SM
P.O. Box 24, Bloomsdale, MO 63627
www.leafseeker.com

Historic Preservation is important. Get involved and save our history!
CG^SM is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®
and used here under license.