[APG Public List] Time of marriage

Connie Sheets clsheets1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 12:25:05 MDT 2010

Like Donna, I often seem to see December marriages.  So, out of curiosity, I ran a search of my database, which contains about 2000 marriages before 1930 of individuals who were almost exclusively Midwestern and Southern Protestant farmers, descended from individuals in the US by the Revolution.

Here are the totally unscientific results, but they would tend to suggest the trend was toward more marriages in December, and not during peak planting/growing seasons.

January 8.8%
February 8.1%
March 10.4%
April 4.8%