[APG Public List] Preferred time of year for Catholic marriages

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Fri Oct 8 07:29:29 MDT 2010

I didn't respond to you privately (or at least I didn't do so
intentionally).

But more than that too, and I cited a couple of commonly known examples
(patron saint's feast day,  using important feast days as a way of
expressing faith even when that faith was banned, others...).  Even with the
liturgical year it's a direct "preference" not to marry in those periods.
There's no church law or restriction to avoid those times of the year.  Only
a preference not to marry during the periods of penitence. There's
absolutely no reason otherwise why a Catholic couldn't marry during Advent
or Lent  unless it was her or his preference not to do so (unless the parish
priest was obstinate about not complying I guess).  I don't know how else to
define "preference" but as a choice in the absence of any restriction

thanks

Larry