[APG Public List] Time of marriage

Traci Thompson TThompson at Braswell-Library.org
Thu Oct 7 09:48:09 MDT 2010

If these folks were farmers, how about the timing being before the busy
planting/growing season begins?

Traci Thompson
Local History/Genealogy Librarian
Braswell Memorial Library
727 N Grace St
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
252-442-1951 ext 247(voice)
Opinions expressed are my own.

* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

From: Michael John Neill <mjnrootdig at gmail.com>

Subject: [APG Public List] mid-late 19th Century Marriage Time
	Preferences?

My newly "found" aunt has five (so far) documentable marriage dates
between
1856 and 1883. Each marriage took place in either February or March,
which
seemed a little coincidental. Has anyone noticed anything in the way of
"preferences" or tendencies for the time of a year for marriages during
this
time period? Or was it just that this lady apparently preferred marrying
during those months. These marriages took place in Nebraska and Iowa.
Aunt
Emma has at least one other marriage, but I just don't have a date.

Michael