[APG Public List] "jug distemper"

Jacqueline Wilson wilssearch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:09:12 MDT 2010

I thought it sounded familiar but could not place it.  So I searched google and found a list of archaic terms in:
A dictionary of slang and colloquial English: abridged from the seven-volume ...

 By John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley I did not find jug distemper, but I did find "jug-bit" which refers to being drunk and it also included distemper.  There is a whole list of slang terms referring to being drunk.  Then I remembered that I read the term in a novel.

The only other thing I can think of is that a milk cow came down with distemper and bite a person, but I am more inclined to the above.