[APG Public List] Question about a marriage bond

Michael Hait michael.hait at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 3 10:42:42 MDT 2010

The short answer is that all bonds had a monetary amount attached.  If Joseph S. Taylor did not have the money to cover the bond, he may have gone to his brother Samuel to act as a surety, in other words, to cover the monetary amount of the bond.

I won't even try to delve into the genealogical implications of this -- not knowing anything about the family.

Michael Hait
michael.hait at hotmail.com
http://www.haitfamilyresearch.com