[APG Public List] Word on Original Deed?

Michael John Neill mjnrootdig at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 08:56:40 MDT 2010

I'm looking at the original copy of an 1863 deed.

I'm trying to get a fix on what one word and initials on an original deed
might stand for. It appears to be the part of the original deed where the
Recorder's Office could make notes. Above it is the information regarding
the recording of the deed. In the very bottom right is a number (17267),
which is apparently a document number assigned by the Recorder's Office as
it appears in the upper left of the recorded copy of the deed.

I have posted an image here:

http://blog.casefileclues.com/2010/10/left-hand-corner-says.html

Any thoughts?

It looks like "Naill RG" but I'm not certain.

Michael

--
Michael John Neill