[APG Public List] Citing a manuscript

eshown at comcast.net eshown at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 16:04:21 MST 2010

Drew, you may be right and I may still be tripped out on tryptophan. :)

Details like this definitely need to be clarified, when the citation is crafted. Either we have an 85-year-old (not identified as a doctor) who, in 1914, made a copy of an "1850s-1911" "death register" kept by Dr. Herron(?) who presumably worked during that span of years; or we seem to have a death register compiled or copied about 1914 that covered deaths going back six decades earlier--the source for which was what?

Interesting situation! In fact, checking the 1900 census adds to the intrigue. MacMillan is assigned no occupation, but a 45-year-old daughter in his household is called a "doctores." In 1880, what appears to be the same man is called a farmer.  Presumably, the manuscript itself would tell us more.

Elizabeth