[APG Public List] Rev War records

Patti Hobbs plhgenealogy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:41:47 MST 2010

I recently looked at War of 1812 muster rolls for one county at the North
Carolina Archives.  There are several folders of muster/payment rolls in one
box, but only a couple of them have been indexed.  I looked at all the files
in that box and was surprised to find that there was one muster roll that
had big Xes through each page and a notation that said that it wasn't a big
enough list to send to the federal government (those aren't the exact words,
it may have been "adjutant general" or something like that).  It sure
reinforces the necessity of looking at the records at the level they were
created.

As far as the microfilm of the RW pensions that someone else mentioned --
yes, Footnote uses the microfilm of all the pages of the files; whereas,
HeritageQuest uses the microfilm that contains only "selected records."

Patti