[APG Public List] Rev War records

Angela McGhie mcghiefamilyhistory at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:06:17 MST 2010

 Ellie Swanger asked

> Does anyone know if there is a "good" depository for Rev War records?  One
> that is quite complete (if that does exist) ?

Ellie,

I assume that you meant "repository" for Revolutionary War records. The
National Archives has the Revolutionary War military records if that is what
you are looking for. See a description of the collection at
http://www.archives.gov/research/guide-fed-records/groups/093.html

Some of the most popular records for genealogical research have been
digitized and are available online. Footnote.com (www.footnote.com) has
digital images of the Revolutionary War pension and bounty land application
files, service records, and muster rolls.

The new FamilySearch site at beta.familysearch.org has the Revolutionary War
Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Applications Files available for free. These
are the complete files, and not the "selected" papers that are available at
Heritage Quest.

Angela McGhie
APG member