[APG Public List] Rev War records

Sarah A. V. Kirby sarah at vandeventer.net
Mon Nov 22 14:35:25 MST 2010

Remember that most records are probably at the state level, since most folks
that served did so as part of militias.

I don't know of a single "best" website or repository - but this directory might
be a good place to start - http://www.militaryindexes.com/revolutionarywar/

I'd think the DAR would have the most complete collection in their library.
http://dar.org/library/online_research.cfm

Footnote (subscription) has pensions online, as does HeritageQuest (public
library access) - I think they're from different NARA microfilm publications,
but don't hold me to that.

NEHGS (subscription) has digitized Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors. Some
volumes are also available for full view on Google Books.

Don't forget to see what Cyndi's List has links
to.http://www.cyndislist.com/amrev.htm

Sarah A. V. Kirby
sarah at vandeventer.net (primary)
kirby-s at sbcglobal.net (alternate)