[APG Public List] Adopted children in genealogy

Jacqueline Wilson wilssearch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 17:16:25 MST 2010

Ray thank you for your thoughts in this matter.  My instructions were somewhat clear, but in any case they know and understand about the adoption so there is no deep dark secrets here except - who are the birth parents for the older individual - which is something of a brick wall.  I may have found them, or maybe not.  I can't prove it either way.  So I am setting that aside for now and working on another line - belonging to the adopted woman's husband, then will return to the maternal line later.  It so happens she is the 'immigrant' ancestor which is what is making it difficult.  I had planned to add information about the adopting parents and their children as they were a large part of her life but I will need to ask the client if she wants any more.

I am not doing the descendants' marriage partners at this time, so the other adopted person's mother is not an issue.  If he should want me to look for his birth mother's family I will be happy to, but no one is paying me to do that - at least not at this point of time.