[APG Public List] Adopted children in genealogy

Jacqueline Wilson wilssearch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 14:40:56 MST 2010

My problem is this - when the first person of the line is the adopted person, I have been told that I must follow the birth family no matter the legalities of no longer belonging to the birth family even if still related by blood.  (hope that made sense!)

I have a client who has an adopted person in their line.  I am trying to decide how to handle it as far as research goes.  Do I include the adopting family in my research and reports?

Thanks
~Jackie