[APG Public List] Adopted children in genealogy

DESloan at aol.com DESloan at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 12:32:25 MST 2010

Mary,
   This is an interesting question. I will be interested in what  others
have to say. I only have one instance in my direct line that I am aware  of. I
use Brother's Keeper to record my genealogy. Brother's Keeper allows for
me to enter additional names that a person is know by. One of the choices is
'Adopted Name'. So, in my case I entered his surname the same as his
biological  father and then entered his step father's surname under 'Adopted
Name'.
   Wondering if this is how others would resolve this. Or if  there are
other solutions that could be used?

Dave  Sloan
Marcia Sloan  BGS
Grandkids Ancestors LLC
Specializing in East central IN, West central  Ohio, Quaker Records, and
Brethren Records.
"The world is my country, and my  religion is to do right" David Hoover
1781-1866

In a message dated 11/13/2010 2:21:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,