[APG Public List] War of 1812 Veteran

Patti Hobbs plhgenealogy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 21:20:02 MST 2010

I thought I'd clarify since it wouldn't be clear to me from what others have
said -- your guy MIGHT have had an actual pension, but I'd say that most did
not.  It's the bounty land APPLICATION that gives some details about the
service of the soldier. He told what he'd done and under whom he'd served,
etc., in order to qualify.  Sometimes it's not much, but it's so much better
than absolutely nothing.  Those bounty-land applications are filed
alphabetically. So even though they may not be and are probably not on any
list anywhere, they can be searched for a particular soldier.

Patti