[APG Public List] War of 1812 Veteran

Amy Crow amy at amyjohnsoncrow.com
Fri Nov 12 17:15:31 MST 2010

Have you looked for a pension for either he or his widow? Also, have you looked for his Graves Registration card? Sometimes they would list the regiment of the veteran (though with an 1812 vet, it's more likely to just say "War of 1812").  In Ohio, the Graves Registration cards are usually found in the County Recorder's Office in the county where the veteran is buried. There's also a statewide GR file that's available on microfilm at the Ohio Historical Society and a few other libraries; it's also available through your local FHC.

Amy Johnson Crow, CG,
Reynoldsburg, Ohio