[APG Public List] best mac genealogy program

Donald W. Moore, CG dwmoore.cg at antecedents.com
Fri Nov 12 09:08:30 MST 2010

The best Mac genealogy program--or best Windows program--is the one that suits your purposes. There are functions we can probably all agree should be a baseline. And then there are functions we include on our wish list. But most genealogy programs are limited by  the GEDCOM specification--at least as it now stands--for exporting and importing. Bells and whistles are nice, but not if they don't transfer from one program to another. That's why the Build a Better GEDCOM initiative is so important. The specification is long overdue for a thorough revision. And genealogists should have a voice in it.

Don

Donald W. Moore, CG(sm)
Antecedents(r) LLC
http://www.antecedents.com

Certified Genealogist and CG are proprietary service marks of the  Board for Certification of Genealogists® used by the Board to identify its program of genealogical competency evaluation and used under license by the Board's  associates.

Member, Association of Professional Genealogists

Antecedents is a registered service mark of Antecedents LLC.