[APG Public List] best mac genealogy program

Larry Boswell laboswell at rogers.com
Fri Nov 12 06:38:18 MST 2010

I don't follow ESM's source citation styles, though I do use some parts of EE as a reference, along with several other citation references.   I don't see a need to have source citation templates in a gen program, so that's not a problem for me.  Some simple way to attach source citations to facts fills my needs.  I think there's too much potential of ending up with something that doesn't match the purposes that I create source citations for, when you fill in blanks in some template.  Form and format is not as important to me as content and purpose.  And though I know many will argue that you need the former to rationalize the latter, I don't agree.  I think sometimes we are too consumed by "proper format" and form in genealogy, at the expense of more important things.  If I was writing an article for a journal or magazine, of course I would conform to their standards, that would be a given (or the article wouldn't get past the gate, I imagine).

Larry