[APG Public List] [APG Members] changing email password

A.C. Ivory ac.ivory at findmyancestor.com
Thu Nov 11 10:48:05 MST 2010

I know that a lot of these emails that get sent around come from hackers
that have managed to hack into your Facebook account. With all of the apps,
websites, etc. that Facebook feels they need to have access to, it becomes a
security concern. For instance, the other day I noticed that on my MSN
Messenger, it has ALL of my contacts on Facebook! I NEVER gave MSN or
Facebook access to my MSN account, ever! I don't even use the same email
address for Facebook that I do for MSN. How they somehow got access to each
other, I have no idea.

I definitely encourage people to go through their privacy settings on all
their accounts whether it be Facebook, Gmail, MSN, Twitter, etc. and make
sure that they haven't given themselves access to something they shouldn't
have. I know that because of some of these services and apps, games, etc. on
Facebook, people have been hacked and therefore spam/trash emails like the
ones many of us received, including me, from Jeanette yesterday. Yesterday
alone I receive *7 *emails from all sorts of people in my Facebook and other
contact lists that were the EXACT same spam/trash/hackers.

I want to let everyone know that in no way am I blaming Jeanette nor anyone
else when things like this happen, I am just asking that everyone please be
careful and know who/what has access to your accounts because it does affect
others when we receive emails and of course none of us want any virus',
malware, hacks, etc.
  A.C. Ivory  ac.ivory at findmyancestor.com  FindMyAncestor.com
<http://findmyancestor.com>   <http://findmyancestor.blogspot.com>
<http://www.twitter.com/findmyancestor> <http://www.facebook.com/ac.ivory>