[APG Public List] Genealogy Program Specifications

linda at fpr.com linda at fpr.com
Tue Nov 9 13:01:46 MST 2010

John,

The short answer is that "yes" various "professional" genealogical
bodies have met in the past and worked along the lines you are
suggesting.  Many genealogical societies have committees focused upon
technology.

One way you might explore current activity in this field is to explore
the organizational sponsors for the upcoming RootsTech conference in
February.  rootstech.familysearch.org/rootstech.php

Find out what they're doing.  See how they're structured, how
individuals or other organizations can get involved.  Possibly get
involved yourself and find out what others active in this area are
experiencing with respect to effecting change.

The observations you've made are very important and, for those
interested in working in this area, there's an opportunity to influence
the development of our future tools.

Linda
Linda Gardner
Massachusetts