[APG Public List] Invitation to come to a live web class discussion on the research process by Sarah Kirby

Jeanette Daniels jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 07:01:18 MST 2010

Dear Everyone,

We (Heritage Genealogical College and the TheoryGen Email list) have held two
live web class discussions the past two Saturdays.  Practice and explaining how
to use the site has improved everyone's ability to see and hear each other.  I
am still learning as well.  Sarah Kirby has been kind enough to volunteer to
share a comprehensive research chart she has made that explains the ends and
outs of what is necessary for accomplishing genealogical research.  This will be
our next real discussion.  She will be leading this discussion on Saturday,
November 20, 2010 at the following times:  2:00 PM PST; 3:00 PM MST; 4:00 PM
CST; and 5:00 PM EST.

Those of you interested in joining us may let Jeanette Daniels know at my
jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com email address.  I will add you to the list of
others who have expressed interest in this type of genealogical communication
and sharing.  You will receive an invitation to join the live web class.  If you
need more instructions, please let me know.  I will be happy to email you
individually with that information.

In order to have the live web class discussion work best, please use a headset
that plugs directly into your laptop or regular computers.  This allows you to
have your microphone on during the entire presentation and to speak without me
turning off my microphone and then turning on yours.

If you don't have a headset, just let me know at the beginning of the live web
class discussion and I will manually turn on and off your microphone in order to
prevent a delay in time or echos.

If you are hearing impaired, please let me know ahead of time, so that I am
prepared to type information (subtitles) being spoken for you.

Anyone wanting to test how to use the live web class software and their headsets
this Saturday may join me on Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM PST; 3:00
MST; 4:00 CST; and 5:00 EST.  This will not be a regular presentation but a
chance, like last Saturday, to test video cams, microphones, and show off the
capabilities of the live web class software.  Please let me know if you want to
be involved this Saturday for testing, etc.

Thanks,

Jeanette Daniels
Heritage Genealogical College